- My "short" runs have transitioned from about 3.5 miles to 4.5 miles. I did the first new short run today. I've opted to keep my pace at 5.3-5.5mph right now (I'll max around 6mph, I think), which had me around 50 minutes. I walked a .3 cooldown, so I finished up in 55 minutes and a nice sweat. It was good. But it wasnt hard. (Dont get me wrong, it was tough and I was glad it was over!) It's nice to feel like I'm not going to kill myself with upping my distance. My long runs for this month will be 6-6.5 miles. Fun times. Takes me about 70 minutes or so. But, there is a sauna afterwards, so it is all worth it.
- I actually did the entire circuit of my physical trainer's routine! All three sets!! Last week, I did one set of all the moves, just to get used to them. I've set MWF as my strength training days (since I'll see Rob on Mondays or Wednesdays, I figure that works best). So, last night, all three reps. In under and hour! (Not much under, but still.) And I felt it afterwards. But that's okay! It may be the only way to get rid of the c-section F.U.P.A. (which, let's face it, was there before the section but I'm blaming the c/s anyway!) And hearing Peter comment on my "sexy arms" (two words that should probably still not be put together) is pretty nice too. And did I mention the size 8 jeans already? Yeah? Wearing them again and those are worth it. Bring it on, Rob- I can take it!!!
- If you havent seen my facebook post from my time at the gym, I'll relive it here for you, because it summed up my afternoon: To the woman at the gym: you and I both have towels on our heads and yet there is something remarkably different about us... Oh, yes: I HAVE MY CLOTHES ON!!! Come on, people- be naked with a purpose! (and you, yes, the naked woman from the sauna: that towel- it needs to be around your body, not your shoulders. I'm all for nudity, but COME ON!
- My ex answered my friend request on facebook. I got to see a lovely picture of he and his daughter, who seems to be about the same age as Bobby and Maya. Funny enough, I finally feel forgiven from our past and it's lovely... I wonder if he'll ever realize that. Or if it even matters anymore.
- I'm making a lot of headway in my coursework for my BAI certification as a labor doula and CBE- woo hoo for me!!!
- I've been asked to write an article on conception and pregnancy after loss for the Empowered Birth newsletter!!!
- I just booked tickets for Sarah and I's flight to Nashville for the half-marathon we are running together in September!!! So psyched!
- There was something else, but I've forgotten and I'm too tired to try and remember!
Have a good-night (unless you are in a part of the world where your day is just beginning!)