Thanks to MLG for the nomination!
The rules of the award: 1) Choose a mini
mum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. 2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." 3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
1. I always thought I'd be a James Bond-esque kind of girl and never dreamed of getting married or having a family. Meeting my husband changed everything and having our children made me a better person.
2. I met my husband when I was 17 and visiting a college. He was 19 and a junior there. We were together for only a few hours and were engaged and married a short time later. How's that for fate!
3. We tried to conceive with every old wives' tale imaginable for 9 years before we saw our RE, who has assisted us in bringing our lovely children into the world.
4. I have been broken completely by the deaths of our babies, even though I can't let the world see that, yet their love is the thing that made me perfectly complete.
5. I'm a write in my spare time, and before our kids were born, was a staff writer for a yoga magazine. Afterwards, I've only penned a few articles. I just can't seem to bring my mind back to that place.
6. I believe a person's a person no matter how small, (Thanks, Horton), and Peter & I are active in the pro-life movement.
7. I never imagined the amount of people in this world that have lost babies. I felt so alone after Nicholas died and my grief was compounded when we lost Sophia as well. Reading the blogs of other moms made me feel less alone and gave me the hope that I would be able to breathe again. I dont think I would have survived Alexander's loss had I not known that and had all these women for support.
8. I'm a librarian for my day job.
9. I dream of being a housewife, in conjuction with my role as a full-time mother, and cooking and cleaning all day.
10. Michele is my middle name, although I'm not really called by anything else.
7 blogs I follow (omitting ones that I've seen who have been mentioned before) and in alphabetical order. I follow a lot more than this, so this is just a random sampling.
Infertile. Who me?
Observations from the Cuckoo's Nest
Pray for Baby David
This Is Not What I Had Planned
Were You Looking For Me?