Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lack of Wisdom

So, last night we traveled to Allentown to have my last two wisdom teeth pulled. I really love the dentist and, if we lived closer, he'd be our "real" dentist. As it was, we have only seen him to have my wisdom teeth pulled, and now I'm all done! It's kind of bittersweet in a strange way... He is awesome and QUICK. By the time you start to think "this is going to hurt", it's all over! So, he pulled both and wrote me a prescription for pain, which he recommended filling ASAP and taking one before the numbness wore off. So we went to a local CVS and filled it, so by the time the numbness did fade and the inklings of pain started, the vicodin kicked in. I'm actually remarkably awake and alert (more than I would think) and the pain in low. I was able to eat dinner last night, although I have been taking the vic every 4 hours. He recommended that for the first 24-36 hours, then said to try and let it go a bit and see how it hurts. I remember doing that last time as well, and by the 2nd day, the pain wasnt that bad, not even like a tooth ache. Tonight, I have to start the salt water rinses, and from there, I remember it really fixing itself. Waking up, though, wasnt that bad (of course, I woke up in the middle of the night and had to medicate) and I feel okay now. I still have the cotton wads for bleeding, but two isn't any worse than having one removed, LOL. There really isn't swelling, just soreness.

Dr. Bailey called this morning. My glucose and diabetic screening all came back negative, so that's awesome! That means 2 less pills each day! No more Metformin. And the other clotting test came back negative as well. So no genetic predisposition to a clotting disease that could hurt our babies. That's at least one relief.

Today, as I sit at my desk and look out the window at the snow covered world outside, I feel almost empty... My heart hurts. The good thing about physical pain, I suppose, is that it doesnt even compare to the rest of me. So screw it!

Did I tell the story of Maggie? If I did, I'm sorry to repeat, but it's a sweet story. On Thanksgiving, Peter was taking my Dad home and they stopped by the grocery store (Dad doesn't drive). While there, Peter said he felt the children leading him to a certain area, where there was a giant panda! They told him to buy it for Mommy (that's me!) and so he did. I can only imagine what a giant panda cost at the supermarket, but I go upstairs that night and, on our bed, is this huge stuffed animal. Well, I sleep next to that thing every night now and last night, in my pain, I cuddled it close on the couch while Peter held me and stroked my hair (what's left of it since I cut it all off last week!). It's funny, I feel them warm and close when I touch Maggie (the name that came to me the second I saw her). It sounds nuts, but I love that stuffed animal. She's actually on the couch, waiting for me to come back and lay down...

Christmas is getting closer... I can't believe it... I really can't...

No comments: